Custom patches are a simple and creative way to showcase our colorful everyday life. Obviously, embroidered patches can add extra flavor to our lives. We only need 8 steps to make your own custom patches, and you don’t even need an embroidery machine.
Step 1: Choose Colors：
Choosing a suitable color that can suit all your styles of clothing. You are only restricted by your own imagination when it comes to color matches. Color collocations like red with white, black, blue-gray, beige and gray are excellent.
The color lines we provide are for reference only. If you need other embroidery threads or other needs, you can Contact Us directly.
Step 2: Select Sizes
Whether it is a rule or an irregular figure, we use the longest width and length to decide the diameter of a patch. If you are facing a special pattern, you can always contact us.
For example, as shown below:
Step 3: Choose Shapes
You can choose the shape of the custom patches based on your own ideas. We provide you with some basic patterns for your reference.
Step 4: Select Text and Graphics
The content of the custom patches can be the name of the celebrity you like, the favorite slang, or the name of your company. In terms of choosing graphics, the important thing is to determine the font and color. We make the most suitable match for your graphics for free.
Step 5: Choose Backing
- No backing: Patches without backing are thinner than those with backing. Patches without backing are very flexible and lightweight and can be sewn to any clothing and accessories.
- Plastic Backing: The plastic backing contains a hard backing that retains shape after multiple uses. It can be manually patched in a variety of clothing, bags, and hats.
- Iron-On Backing: It is a very convenient attachment method. The iron-on backing is ideal for all kinds of ceremonial and casual wear, but not for any exercise or training.
- Adhesive Backing: It’s easier to use than other backings. You can apply an adhesive backing to any type of materials by just paste it like a sticker. But when you need to use it for a long time, maybe you still need to sew the patches onto clothing and thus, strengthening the paste.
- Velcro Backing: The Velcro Patch is ideal for clothing that is often adjusted or modified, such as military clothing, police uniforms, mountaineering uniforms, and more. Why? Because it is very flexible, you can freely delete and paste your patch. So the service life is also longer than usual.
Read more about how to choose the right backing.
Step 6: Choose Border
We offer three borders for you to choose from.
- Merrowed Border: It is the most common type of border for clean and simple patches. The border surrounds the entire edge of the patch and is slightly raised. The thickness is always maintained at 1/8 inch. It can effectively prevent unnecessary wear patch edges and provide durability for the use of patches.
- Laser Cut Border: This option is ideal for custom embroidery patches with many complex shapes. High reliability and can be applied to different thicknesses. Our cuts are as close as possible to the edge of your custom patch. We offer this border option for free.
- Heat Cut Border: Heat-cut patches have more pronounced edges than patches with standard rounded edges. With precise details and complex designs, hot cut edges are a good choice. This edge has been specially heat-treated and the frame will not be loosed during use. We offer this option for you for free.
Step7: Select Embroidery Craft
Our custom patches are roughly divided into four types depending on embroidery processes: Embroidery, Woven, Printed and PVC.
- Embroidered patches are generally used to patch garments. Depending on the coverage of the embroidery process, 100%, 75%, and 50% are generally available. It is generally matched with the iron backing to save sewing time.
- The fabrication of the Woven Patch requires a thinner line than the embroidery patch. The patches are done using a braided surface with no raised texture. Woven patches are suitable for more complicated patterns because it utilizes the method of weaving.
- Printed patch is different from the embroidered patch and woven. It is a great reform and innovation of traditional embroidered patch. It can fully meet your needs for a rich and detailed patch.
- PVC patches are generally used as accessories for clothing and bags. Because it is made of special materials and production processes. There are no restrictions on style and design.
Step 8: Contact US
This step is crucial and, of course, the simplest. You only need to “package” your ideas and send them to us. Our professional team will serve you online. Contact us now and get a discount right away.